Following the recent heavy rainfall courtesy of Storm Ciara, sections of the course around the 9 mile mark are now under water and are not passable.

We knew that this may happen so in January 2017 we had an alternative course measured just in case (Certificate number 18/010). This course is fully accredited and is ready to go. The start is in the same place as the original course and the finish is also in the same place as the original course. We will add an updated course map to the website as soon as possible but you will like it. Everything else including parking remains the same

We have spent the last 48 hours dealing with our Traffic Management company, our amazing marshals and drink station volunteers, Isycoed Community Council, Wrexham Borough Council, Welsh Athletics, The Association of UK Course Measurers as well as visiting residents and farmers on the new section of the course. Just about everything is in place.

We are keeping an eye on the weather at the weekend as apparently Storm Dennis is on the way. If we feel we have to cancel we will let you know immediately, however we will send an update by Saturday lunchtime and will endeavour to have made a final decision by then.

In the meantime if your race number has not arrived by race day please collect a replacement from Race HQ on the day which will be open from 08.00am. Race HQ is Redwither Tower Redwither Business Park Wrexham LL13 9XT.

If you are unable to take part the transfer facility has already closed so please do not be tempted to pass your number on.

Thank you for your patience.